Saturday, September 13, 2014

Quickly

I write to you quickly awaiting a ride. Here are a few things I will write in the future, things overdue:

  • A 2 week trip to Dassari at the beginning of August
  • The past three weeks of Cours de Vacances (Summer School)
  • The local language at Dassari, Byali 
  • Riding bikes on African roads
  • Clothing! Tissue!
  • Francais
  • Beninese Politics
 For now, my plans for this afternoon are to visit a swimming pool her in Porto-Novo. Yesterday was the last day of school, and both the teachers and the students felt the restlessness and excitement. We recognized that with the students current attention span, the possibility of a three hour english class was thrown out, so for the last hour we sang English songs. I brought my guitar (by the way, I bought a guitar from a leaving volunteer--I am the third volunteer to have it. It was originally bought in Cape Verde, so it is much better quality than the regular Beninese guitars. It is a spanish guitar with a beautiful sound!) and we all learned "I've Been Working on the Railroad". 

Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment